Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Scheduled refresh with web data not working

For a weather report I query web data from windfinder.com and yr.no. These both access the data via an anonymous query.

I have multiple errors when trying to get a daily scheduled refresh going.

First off the credentials get lost during the update:

Error credentials

This is of course nonsense, because there are no credentials, as the queries are anonymous. Why do these settings get dropped?

The other issue is happening during the scheduled refresh. Here I get navigation errors on the website. The refresh in the Power BI Desktop works just fine.

Webscraping

This makes the Web-Connector pretty much unusuable, as I have to check daily if the refresh went through or crashed (as most of the time). Any help or workarounds are appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @AndreasTeroerde,

After you click Edit Credentials to set Anonymous, are you able to refresh the dataset again? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

AndreasTeroerde
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

yeah I can set the connection to Anonymous, but after some time this same problem occurs again. I think its because for the authentification against the web-source a request message is sent. If the request won´t go through, Power BI will mark that as an invalid credential. So even if´s an open accessable website, that has an timeout for whatever reason, your sheduled refresh gets thrown out.

A possible solution would be if it wouldn´t send this authentification message at all if you set your authentification as Anonymous. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @AndreasTeroerde,

How frequent does the anonymous authentication lost? Does issue occur frequently? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu