Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Scheduled refresh started failing, keeps forgetting credentials

Hi, hoping you can help me as I have a number of dashboards depending on this refresh.

Scheduled refresh has been working perfect since I set it up a month ago, and all of the sudden it's starting to fail saying it can refresh due to a credential authentication issue.

When I edit credentials, authentication is set to Anonymous. I change it back to OAuth2, enter my credentials and it accepts it. When I go back to check, it's set to Anonymous again.

It's really frustrating. It's a web connection to a SP excel file, set up via PBI Desktop.

I appreciate you looking into it.

Thanks 

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Good

After you edit the credential to the correct one, can you refresh the dataset on demand successfully? Based on my test, although when I go back to check the authentication, it is set to Anonymous again instead of OAuth2, but I can refresh the dataset properly.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Good
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

Indeed, it appears to be refreshing, though whenever I check it appears on Anonymous (just checked now).

Scheduled refresh seems to be working despite this (though it shouldn't), but I'm concerned I'll stop at anytime. I had a dataset stop refreshing a week ago and had to recreate it.

Basically I'm not sure at this point it'll just stop refreshing randomly. I want to trust in scheduled refresh, instead of having to check daily to see if it's working.

Any way it can work properly, and keep the OAuth credentials?

Thank you