Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Scheduled Refresh fails - Keeps forgetting OAuth Credentials

I have a couple reports that pull data from an on prem SQL and from a Onedrive for Business source. These reports used to work fine with scheduled refresh but since about mid December, they scheduled refresh continuously fails. Every day I go into the PBI Service and check the credentials and see that the OAUTH details have been forgotten and it has reverted back to Anonymous. If I reenter the credentials then manually refresh, the refresh works fine, but if I try to manually refresh without reentering the credentials, the refresh fails.

I have updated to the latest On-Prem gateway, Personal Gateway and Desktop app (02/11/2017) and al the previous ones since the issue began and yet still no dice.

This is a serious problem for our Production deployment, requiring me to log in to the PBI service every morning before business begins and refresh the data manually so that those that use the reports have the latest data. This is not a sustainable solution.

Reading through the forums and issues, it seems that many have faced problems with OAuth sources in tha past weeks and while some have had their issues resolved, mine continues to be an issue. Please help me in resolving this so that the 100+ hours of deisgn, testing and implementation don't go to waste and my company does nto cancel its PBI subscriptions.

I have a couple reports that pull data from an on prem SQL and from a Onedrive for Business source. These reports used to work fine with scheduled refresh but since about mid December, they scheduled refresh continuously fails. Every day I go into the PBI Service and check the credentials and see that the OAUTH details have been forgotten and it has reverted back to Anonymous. If I reenter the credentials then manually refresh, the refresh works fine, but if I try to manually refresh without reentering the credentials, the refresh fails.

I have updated to the latest On-Prem gateway, Personal Gateway and Desktop app (02/11/2017) and al the previous ones since the issue began and yet still no dice.

This is a serious problem for our Production deployment, requiring me to log in to the PBI service every morning before business begins and refresh the data manually so that those that use the reports have the latest data. This is not a sustainable solution.

In testing the issue, reentering the OAuth credentials a few minutes before the scheduled refresh results in a successful run, but should any reasonable amount of time lapse between my las manual update of the credentials and the scheduled refresh, it always results in failure.

Reading through the forums and issues, it seems that many have faced problems with OAuth sources in tha past weeks and while some have had their issues resolved, mine continues to be an issue. Please help me in resolving this so that the 100+ hours of deisgn, testing and implementation don't go to waste and my company does nto cancel its PBI subscriptions.

pbirefresh.png

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@mindwarp

I suggest you to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page) since it may be account specific.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered