Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Schedule Refresh failing in Power BI service: Sharepoint online list datasource

Hi Team,

Our production reports are continously failing when schedule refres fails. These are the most common see errors.

• 429 -Bad requests error- reason given was shareopoint throttle limit. No clue why requests from power bi are blocked when the login has full control on the data in sharepoint online
  • the credentials provided are ivalid-we connect using Oauth2. reason given was mid air token expiry. but from july  the token expiry will be extended to 2 hours
    • then if the data in our datasource keeps increasing in future, will the schedule refresh always fails as because the token stays for 2 hours
  • Timed out error

The pity is support team is not even providing the correct reasons or proper documentation/justification for the errors. Definetly there are issues with sharepoint online list which needs to be taken care of

My other question is manual refresh happens successlly in Power BI desktop but not in Power BI online. How is that taken care? What is the difference that makes in desktop compared to online ?

Our entire user base can't use power desktop to dowload the file on daily basis and refresh their set of reports. Till data the team was unsuccessfull in providing proper dcoumentation about the issues with SharePoint Online List as datasource.

Really sorry with the product.

Regards,

Sivapratap

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

I noticed that the support team is still actively investigate your issues, and confirm with the product team for your questions. I suggest you keep contact with the support engineer via email. The engineer will give response to you once get any update from the product team.

Best Regards,
Herbert