Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Salesforce object DataSource.Error

Hello,

I experience problems with the connection to one of my objects in salesforce. 9 out of 10 work perfectly but this one I can not load into my datamodel. I receive the following error:

DataSource.Error: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
 <head>
 </head>
 <body>
  <center>
   <table bgcolor="white" style="align: center;">
    <tbody>
     <tr><td><br><br></td></tr>
     <tr>

<td>
       <table bgcolor="white" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border:1px solid #ccc;" width="758">
        <tbody>
         <tr><td><br></td></tr>
         <tr>
          <td>
           <div style="background-color: white; border: 1px solid #ccc; padding: 0px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 10px; margin-right: 10px;">
            <table bgcolor="white" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="758">
             <tbody>

<tr>
               <td><span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold;">We are down for maintenance.</span><br><br>Sorry for the inconvenience. We'll be back shortly.</td>
              </tr>
             </tbody>
            </table>
           </div>

</td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
          <td>
           <span>
            <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="text-align: right;" width="100%">
             <tbody>
              <tr>
               <td>

<span>
                 <span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: smaller">Powered by <a href="http://force.com">force.com</a></span>
                </span>
               </td>
              </tr>
             </tbody>
            </table>

</span>
          </td>
         </tr>
        </tbody>
       </table>      
      </td>
     </tr>
     <tr><td><br></td></tr>
     <tr><td></td></tr>

<tr><td><br></td></tr>
    </tbody>
   </table>
  </center>
  <!--  Served by force.com -->
 </body>
</html> 
<!-- Generated Fri, 17 Mar 2017 13:02:58 GMT (scl) -->

Could you please help me out?

Kind regards,

Ronald

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

I cannot repro the same issue with my Salesforce account in Mar 2017 version of Power BI Desktop.

Did you get data through Mar 2017 version of Power BI Desktop – Get Data – Salesforce Objects – Production?

If yes, could you please only connect to this object in PBI Desktop? Please also collect the fiddler traces during you execute the repro steps and share the saved .saz file to us through online file service like OneDrive.

The screenshot when issue is repro is also preferred.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-haibl-msft@Vicky_Song,

Thank you very much for your response. 

I always use the latest version of PowerBI and currently working in the march 2017 edition. 

I only connect to the Salesforce object in the desktop environment. Unfortunately we do not receive the error message consistently. We get this error in various Salesforce environments and on various objects, at different locations and times. Changing the user won’t solve the issue, and even between users from the same org we receive the error message on different objects.

Get DataGet DataProductionProductionSign inSign inCredentialsCredentialsAll object appearAll object appearThe error messageThe error message

I hope you can help me further with the additional information.

Best regards,

Ronald Schep

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

Could you please also provide the fiddler traces while you get data from salesforce and get above error message?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-haibl-msft @Vicky_Song,

Could you help me out to send the fiddler traces to you privately? 

Greetings Ronald

rjbnorth
Regular Visitor

Did anyone determine the solution to this issue? I'm experiencing the same error but only when connecting with certain objects.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @rjbnorth,

I have found a solution. It appears that the connector between PowerBI and Salesforce breaks down the ‘get columns string’ somewhere midway.

The solution that worked for me is the following:

1). Try to connect to a Salesforce object in PowerBI (the one you experience problems with).

2). Go to ‘Edit Queries’

3). Right click on the object in question and go to the ‘Advanced Editor’

Salesforce error 1.PNG

4). The trick is to get only those Salesforce columns that you really need. This will bypasses the error that occurs in the long 'get string'

Salesforce error 2.PNG

5). If you want more columns to be included. Place the Salesforce API field names in quotes (“”) and separate by comma’s (,). For example: {"Id", "Name", "OwnerId"}

I hope this is also a workable solution for you.

Greetings Ronald