Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Salesforce Refresh Issue

Hello,

I have a dataset and reports that connects to Salesforce objects and uses 6 of the standard tables that the Salesforce Objects connection exposes, including LoginHistory.  Everything is working fine when I refresh from PBI Desktop.  The LoginHistory query definitely takes the longest to refresh from Desktop, but it's reasonable, like 2 mins total for the whole refresh.  I'm currently pulling about 7,000 rows from this object, again very reasonable. 

The issue arises when I publish to Power BI Service and refresh the dataset.  For now I'm just doing "refresh now" and it's not scheduled refresh, but it's the same issue either way.  The refresh starts going and then after about 30 seconds, it finishes and says that the refresh was successful.  And indeed, the refresh did get new data for the other 5 queries that are in the report.  However, the LoginHistory query result is now completely empty in my dataset.  I've tried refreshing at different times, changing the salesforce URL to my client's specific login URL, changing the data load options in the PBIX file to not use parallel load.  Nothing has helped so far.  It just always clears out and does not repopulate only the LoginHistory query in my dataset and then reports that the refresh succeeded with no errors.

Any thoughts?  Anybody else have this issue with the LoginHistory object or any other Salesforce objects?

Thanks in advance for any assistance...

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@bblais

When you refresh the dataset in PBI Service and get empty result for the LoginHistory, can you refresh LoginHistory successfully in Power BI Desktop successfully?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

bblais
Resolver III

@v-haibl-msft

Yes it does.  In fact, if I upload my original PBIX file which has data for LoginHistory, then refresh in the Power BI Service, then download the PBIX from the service and open it in Desktop, there is no data for LoginHistory.  But then I can hit refresh within Desktop and it refreshes just fine.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@bblais

I noticed that you’ve create a support ticket for it. You can post the solution here if you get any help from them.

Best Regards,

Herbert