Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SSAS MD Live Connections, Between slicers and Default Members

I am using a Live connection to SSAS Multidimensional in Power BI, and I have a Date dimension with a Date attribute on it that I want to use in a Slicer. I have set the ValueColumn property on my Date attribute in SSAS (similar to what is described here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Cubes-SSAS-Date-Filters-and-PowerBI/td-p/43945)  and this allows me to use a Between slicer rather than just a regular List or Dropdown slicer. However if I also set the DefaultMember property on my Date attribute, the Between filter only allows me to select the single date that is the default member on the Date attribute and is therefore useless.

For example, without the DefaultMember property set, the Between slicer looks like this:

BetweenDefaultMemberNotSet.PNG

But with the DefaultMember property set to 3rd July 2001 on the Date attribute, the Between slicer only allows me to select that date:

BetweenDefaultMemberSet.PNG

Please fix this so the Between slicer starts off with the selection specified by the DefaultMember property but allows me to change this to select any member on my hierarchy!

Thanks,

Chris

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @cwebb,

I can reproduce this issue and already reported it internally: CRI 56515566. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @cwebb,

We will try to get a fix out for this by April. To work around the issue, you can manually in the text boxes select the dates he/she wants and set the range.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu