Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SSAS Live Connection Refresh

We have an enterprise data gateway succesfully setup with live connections to SQL Server, SSAS MD, and SSAS Tab.  When viewing the refresh history, it shows that the refreshes are happening roughly every 30 minutes; however, the documentation I have read makes it sound to me like the data should refresh on interaction.  Is there a configuration in the data source or on-premise data gateway that defines that update frequency?  Or is this a configuration that is controlled by Microsoft?

Please see http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Connect-Live-SSAS-Update-Frequency/m-p/101926 for more discussion.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@wmorris20

It seems that sometime the data can refresh on interaction successfully but sometimes cannot.

I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 28003448

I’ll post here once I get any update for it.

Best Regards,

Herbert

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@wmorris20

I've got reply from Power BI team.

This is be design.
We have a client query result cache to reduce the amount of query data request to server. If the query generated by user interaction was cached, then user will see the cached data unless they click the refresh button.

Best Regards,

Herbert