Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SQL Server authentication error after May 2017 update.

Hi Team,

Good Day.

I was able to update my PowerBI desktop to May 2017 version yesterday. However after the update, when I refresh my query it throws out some problems I never experienced before. 

This message come out upon clicking refresh button. This never came out before the update.This message come out upon clicking refresh button. This never came out before the update.Then this upon clicking 'Run".Then this upon clicking 'Run".

I tried to log in using the same credentials in MS SQL Server Management Studio and was able to connect.

I am not sure if it has to do something with the update but I am sure it should not be.

Can you please help what causes the two messages to appear. They were not there in older version.

Thanks...

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@arobin

To see if it is a regression issue caused by the Power BI Desktop update, please uninstall the May 2017 version from your machine, and then install the Apr 2017 version on the same machine, and try to get data from your SQL Server again to see the result.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info