Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SOME data lables are not showing up on a report any longer (worked in September)

As of recently (worked in September), the data labels for SOME of the bars on a bar chart are not showing up any longer. This is seen in both the designer and on the website. The data labels used to appear on all the bars, but now a few are missing. This occurs on data that has not changed at all and used to work as well as any new data I may include in the report. NO changes have been made to the report.

MGDT_0027.png

MGDT_0028.png

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mgeldert,

From the screenshot, it seems that you set the X-axis as Continues type, please check if there is a property called Label Density under Data Labels node. Try to change its value to 100% to show all data labels.

q4.PNGq5.PNG

Sometimes because lack of sufficent sapce to display labels, though that property value set to 100%, some labels will not display. In this scenario, you can try to increase chart size, decrease Text Size value for Data Labels or change Orientation for Data Labels as Vertical.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

mgeldert
Frequent Visitor

Excellent!  That indeed was the issue.  (not sure why it didn't appear until recently though). 

Anyway, That is resolved but another thing I noticed that was working in previous months is the drill down no long works!

In the past, when I selected a particular bar (date) in my report and right-clicked, selected drill down.  It would show the hours for that day (24 sets of bars).  I could then click on a bar and again drill down and it would show 4 sets of bars for the quarter hour (see the "records" below from this report).

This no longer works.    I now get a blank chart if I do a drill down.  HOWEVER, if I select to export the data from that drilled down chart, it DOES show that the data is there.    I'm not sure if there were changes in the last couple of releases that would have caused the report not to work (maybe I should be doing something different than previously), but perhaps someone can point me where to look.

Thanks again!

drill down is blank.pngExported drill down data.pngrecords.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mgeldert,

I tested in the latest Power BI desktop version 2.41.4581.361 but not reproduce the issue. If possible, can you share the .PBIX file for our analysis? Or please provide detail steps for us to reproduce the issue.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

mgeldert
Frequent Visitor

Thanks so much for the quick response.  

In the past I could open this report (desktop or cloud) and if I right clicked on any of the bars, and selected "drill down" it would show me the next level (primary level shows users by day, next drill down level shows users by hour of that day, and then one more drill down from that layer would show users by quarter hour).

I'm attaching the file here.

Again, thanks so much for your assistance!

PBIX file

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mgeldert,

Please chnage the X axis field like below:

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

mgeldert
Frequent Visitor

Excellent!

Thanks