Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Row-Level Security roles are not displayed in the correct order

Hello,

The Row-Level Security roles are not displayed in the correct order on the Power BI Service.

In the Power BI Desktop app, they are sorted alphabetically while on the service web page there is no logic on how they are sorted.

Please see the screenshot. On the left side, this is the 'Manage Roles' window on the Power BI Desktop app. On the right side, this is the dataset security on the Power BI Service web page.

In this particular case, there is no real problem because there is only a few roles. But, in future if we have a lot of roles, that could be a mess to manage it.

First, clearly there is a bug that needs to be fixed. Ultimately, it would be great if Power BI could offer the possibility to sort the roles logically. One example is that here, maybe I would like to have the role 'Sans territoire' at the end. Another example is that maybe I would like to group roles by subject.

Thanks

Power BI.png

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Jonathan_P

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 32579891

I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Jonathan_P

I’ve got response from the Product Team.

This is by design now, a design change request bug has been filed internally.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

Jonathan_P
Helper II

@v-haibl-msft, thanks for the comment. Hope this will be released in production soon!