Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Right-positioned y-axes in bar charts misaligned

The latest Desktop update has changed the appearance of right-positioned y-axs in bar charts and the text now overlaps the data. In previous versions, the text started some distance to the right of the bars and all the lines of text were left-aligned (i.e. all starting at the same position). Now, the text is right-aligned (i.e. now ending at the same position) so that some longer text actually impinges back into the area of the chart itself, and for the largest bars that means the text either disappears under the bar and/or overlaps any data label sitting outside the bar.

Right-hand stacked bar.JPG

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@pauline

I think your issue is same as the one mentioned in this thread. It has already been reported internally to Power BI Team: CRI 49078733

The product team are working on it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

mike_honey
Memorable Member

Here's another example of a similar issue - I'm seeing excessive whitespace to the right of the labels.  This isnt resolved by making the frame wider - the bars stretch can continue to overlap the labels.

Power BI - Right-positioned y-axes in bar charts misaligned.PNG