Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Right-click dialog lingering on Report Change

Hi,

We have an embedded reporting application where if a user right-clicks to pull up the drill-down / drill-through dialog and selects another report from a side navigation (in the web application) the pop-up will linger for the next report that loads. Can this be addressed?

Workflow:

1) View 1st report page in embedded application, right-click on a bar or table cell to pull-up dialog

2) Choose a different report page from different navigation menu (web application nav) and next report loads with the pull-up dialog lingers from the previous page.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @KyleWilliamsBMI,

Do you men after the report is embedded in a application, drill through action loading the target report page slowly, right? 

Would you please do the same action on Power BI service for the same report to see if the same issue occurs? Does the target report page contains large amount of data? Does the same issue happens to another report? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

KyleWilliamsBMI
Advocate II

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

No, the issue is not slow loading and this is not happening in the Power BI service.

The issue is that if I have Report #1 up on my embedded application and it has a Set of Drill-Through options (pages) X,Y,Z.

From a separate navigation menu in the web application, I choose Report #1, which has Drill-Through options (pages) A,B,C.

If I'm on Report #1 and pull up the drill-through menu, then click on the navigation in the web application to navigate to a completely different Report #2, I end up seeing the drill-through options lingering on the screen from Report #1 (X,Y,Z)

We want the menu dialog to disappear if you switch pages in the embedded application and force the user to reopen the dialog once they get to that separate report.

KW

KyleWilliamsBMI
Advocate II

Hi Microsoft - to update my previous response and see if you may have a solution:
A) This issue is does not occur in the PowerBI service, but it does occur in the custom web App.  The custom web app calls each report page using a navigation menu which the user can interact with, rather than displaying all report pages as tabs across the bottom of the report, as the Power BI Service does.
B) The issue causes the righ-click menu within a report visual to linger across report pages:
     1) A row on a table is right-clicked on:
step 1step 1
     2) The user changes mind and decides to navigate directly to a different report using the custom web app navigation menu 

3) The rightclick menu does not clear itself from the embedded report  - instead it persists until the user refreshes the report or navigates back to the previous report and clears the right click filter
step 3step 3
What can we do in the Web App to ensure this right-click menu clears when a new report page is navigated to?
Thanks!