Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ribbon Chart highlighting

Clicking items on the legend of a ribbon chart causes the entire ribbon chart to gray out. 

Instead, clicking an item in the legend should cause the selected item to be highlighted in the ribbon chart, while other categories should be grayed out.

- other charts are cross highlighted as expected.

- clicking other charts cross highlights the relevant part of the ribbon chart.

- clicking the ribbon chart highlights the appropriate category at the axis point selected.

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @freder1ck,

It works fine in my test. How can I reproduce it? Please upgrade Desktop to the December version.

Ribbon_Chart_highlighting

Best Regards,

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

freder1ck
Kudo Kingpin
Yes, my description shows exactly what you post here. To reproduce, click one of the colors in the legend of the ribbon chart and let me know what happens. Thanks!
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

It seems good. What will happen in your side? If the value is to small, it could be hard to recognize.

Ribbon_Chart_highlighting2

Best Regards,

Dale

freder1ck
Kudo Kingpin
Ok, I see the same on my home PC just now. I think it's that the transitions between axis points are grayed out when the legend is clicked. And when I click on another chart, it shows the transitions as well as the data points.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @freder1ck,

Yes, I can see that it has different behaviours. I think this could be by design. If you want to change it, please create or vote on an idea here.

Ribbon_Chart_highlighting3

Best Regards,

Dale

freder1ck
Kudo Kingpin

FYI. My workaround is to copy the ribbon chart, which I also changed to a donut chart & resized to show only a tiny dot of a donut. I turned off the legend in the ribbon chart. Then, I put the second chart under the ribbon chart and made the font on the legend a bit bigger. When I click the legend-only chart, I get the cross-filtering that I'm expecting.