Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Report backgrounds no longer appear in landscape mode on mobile

After last Friday's update, report background images no longer appear in landscape mode in the mobile app. It affects ALL reports, regardless of author, etc.

This is a CRITICAL branding issue for my clients and needs to be addressed ASAP.

issue-report-bg-mobile.png

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@dharland

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 50694375
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@dharland

I’ve got response from the Product Team.

In the past, we received several complaints by users that the background image doesn't fit the intended layout when viewing reports on phone landscape orientation. This was caused by a necessary change in the visual's location in the report. After some research it was discovered that there is no good solution to this issue as all fix options led to more serious defects. It was therefore decided that, same as in the phone portrait view, the background image will be hidden and will not be visible in phone landscape view. This is therefor a feature.

Best Regards,
Herbert

dharland
Advocate IV

This is ridiculous. My clients are not happy because they are not getting "what they paid for". Arbitrary decisions like these need to be QA'd, etc. first. 

If the report developer configures the background image correctly, it fits just fine. Ugh...