Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Relationships between tables and PowerBI crash SQLDUMPER.exe

Hello everyone, 

Since the new December version has been released, I keep having crashes of Power BI over and over trying to link two tables... 

As soon as I want to create the link (drag and dropping a dimiension to a table to another table) the windows terminal opens with SQLDUMPER.exe and close/crash Power BI.

I have never experienced this before the last release.

Thank you for your help

Comments
jmbull
Advocate I

Same issue here. Trying to create a relationship between two text columns. One table is very small, the other is ~400k rows.

jellis007
Regular Visitor

Ditto. Same problem here with two tables that are ~10K and ~100K rows, respectively.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all,

The issue has been reported internally before: CRI 54333777. The fix will be released on January. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sooooo, how do we roll back to the November 2017 version?

oberthju
Advocate I

Same issue for me with december version. Refreshing tables more than 200 000 lines, SQLdump black window appearing and quickly disapearing then getting this message on the request window : powerbi desktop failed to save modifications to the server. Rolling back to november version is refreshing fine with exactly the same .pbix file. See error message in French below. This bug is very impacting. Hope you will  correct it in January.

error powerbi.png

joshcomputer1
Helper V

same thing here. gives a quick sqldumper message then crashes when drawing the relationship between two tables. 

syam_v
Frequent Visitor

I also observed this. But as per my analysis when a new relationship is created between two tables and relationship turns out to be many to many then SQLDumper.exe opens up and PowerBI crashes.

Team, can you look into this.

zenatti
Regular Visitor

You can roll back to the previous version using the website below:

https://zenatti.net/2017/07/04/power-bi-previous-versions/

Thanks,

Sergio

jellis007
Regular Visitor

Thanks @zenatti! #hero