Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Relationship Display is not saving changes

Is the relationships display in Desktop supposed to save the current position.  In other words, if I drag the hierarchy the way that I want, isn't it supposed to save it?  I seem to get constant issues where I clean up the display only to come back in and it is all hosed up.  Sometimes it seems to save it properly.  What am I missing? I had the one below all nicely laid out and then come back in later and it is all messed up per below.

Relationship Display.PNG

Comments
DQuigg
Advocate III

You may be on to something @kcantor.  I think that is the case with me as well but I am not 100% sure since I wasn't looking for it.  

freder1ck
Kudo Kingpin

@kcantor,

This looks like progress to me: 

- laptop screen only: no monitor

- pbix last modified 2-8 weeks ago

- layout sometimes lost (automatic default applied instead).

dcresp
Advocate IV

My situation is as follows

- MS Surface screen and connected to dual monitor setup at work

- pbix files modified regularly

- layout sometimes lost (automatic default applied instead). I can not replicate this or nail what has triggered it. 

dcresp
Advocate IV

I can confirm that this issue is not connected to when the pbix file was last accessed. I think it is connected to changes in the queries and when these are imported. I have just lost all of my formatting yet again on a pbix file that I have been working on over the last week. Really frustrating. I had the options mentioned by MS turned off. 

DQuigg
Advocate III

I had one mess up on me earlier this week and I had been working with it the same day just hours earlier.  It had very few tables and connections in it.  

kcantor
Community Champion

Has this been fixed? It hasn't happened to me in more than 15 days.

freder1ck
Kudo Kingpin

It has NOT been fixed. I saw it today several times. 

DQuigg
Advocate III

I am still having it - happened earlier in the week.  I have not yet updated for the January release.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought mine was badly messed up... I have to say @DQuigg 's is much worse.

dcresp
Advocate IV

I am still getting this issue. I expect that this issue has something to do with screen resolution. I am still getting it and using a MS Surface. I have spoken to others who have not seen this issue at all.