Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Regression in PowerQuery functionality

Hi,

I have been using a conversion to local timezone in a few scripts with reports on CRM data.

Since December 2nd I have had errors on the scheduled refresh of the dataset and investigation narrows the issue down to the following;

#"Inserted Date" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type7", "Date", each DateTimeZone.ToLocal([EstimatedCloseDate]), type date),

Is this an intended regression - or could it be a bug?

/Ronny

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

Can this power query work well in Power BI Desktop? I tried this power query as below (data source is an local excel file), the refresh is successful after I publish to PBI Service. Is there anything I missed here?

Regression in PowerQuery functionality_1.jpgRegression in PowerQuery functionality_2.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

Anonymous
Not applicable

I suspect the dataset has been corrupted on my profile.

I tried renaming it and republish - and it worked fine.

According to tech support the logs showed that the original project suddenly was trying to authenticate to a different source (OData - OAuth). The source was a familiar one, allthough I never had it included in this particualar project file.

Also the republish has proved to be OK over a period of time, so I am a bit startled that the issue could not be resolved on the backend.