Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Query Error on Search Field of Slicer when Using Direct Query with Oracle database

Dear,

On my company, we´re facing some problems with the Search field of slicers, when using Direct Query with Oracle database. When we type the text for search, an Oracle error is raised: "ORA-00904: "t0"."<field_name>": invalid identifier". For what I could see, this SQL is totally generated by the Power BI´s engine, so there is no way to change it. Could you please fix this issue as soon as possible? Checking the query on the FlightRecorderCurrent.trc, it´s possible to see that the error happens due to invalid aliases that PBI puts on the query.

Thanks,

Fattibello

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@mfattibello

I think this should be the same issue as the one mentioned in this thread. I just sent mail to related team to see if there is any new update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

mfattibello
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

Thanks for your response! If you have any information about it, please reach me out.

Regards,

Marcos Fattibello

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@mfattibello

I've got response from the Product Team.

This is a feature request, not a product defect. If the customer wants us to add Oracle 11 DQ support, which is unlikely to happen due to the small number of requests, they have to leverage their connection to higher up in Microsoft management chain if they have any.

I also noticed that only Oracle 12 or higher version is listed in the supported DirectQuery sources.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-directquery-data-sources/

Query Error on Search Field of Slicer when Using Direct Query with Oracle database_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

mfattibello
Regular Visitor

Hi, @v-haibl-msft!

OK! Thank you very much!!

Best regards,

Marcos

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered