Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Public embeded url not working in sharepoint anymore

We have been using the publish to web along with the sharepoint page viewer or content editor(iframe). This has been working for over a year. Suddenly the reports no longer render in sharepoint just a grey powerbi iframe is displayed. Clicking the fullscreen option in the power bi banner at the bottom of the iframe opens another window and renders the report. However the report will not render anymore in the webpart itself. I know there is a licensed sharepoint webpart for power bi, but this is a public url accessable to free users and I didnt think it would be impacted by the changes coming in June.  Is anyone aware of an issue or solution. Currently we had to replace the content with images instead. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody have anything further on this issue?

nwoolen
Frequent Visitor

@Anonymous As of this morning we are still having this issue. It looks like its being looked at so hopefully a fix will be coming. 

ediscacciati

Power BI embeded Reports are not showing on IE11 but they are in all other browsers, I have the same problem on the 31st and come first of the month, the embeded reports stop showing on SharePoint pages. I need some help no settings were changed from us ...... any ideas?

Enrico

stuf1968
Frequent Visitor
Renderings are not visible on IE/Edge. No issues with Chrome/Firefox, however, my client uses IE for SharePoint... Hope a fix is coming soon.
fitcja
Helper I
Any news?
v-haibl-msft
Employee

Hi All,

I’ve got response from the Product Team.

Please check that whether the sharepoint used doesn’t include any IE < 11 (e.g. IE10) specific settings. E.g. <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=10" /> https://paultavares.wordpress.com/2015/01/20/how-to-render-a-sharepoint-page-in-ie-using-edge-mode-w... if SharePoint page is putting the page in IE 10 compatibility mode using settings like those documented here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff405803(v=vs.85).aspx then it is expected to not be supported.

Best Regards,
Herbert

fitcja
Helper I
Compatibility view is not the problem on our side. I have noticed, though, that if I change the height or width of the iframe that I get an error saying, "This HTML cannot be inserted because this type of content is not allowed." Does anyone else get the same error?
nwoolen
Frequent Visitor

@v-haibl-msft Our sharepoint site is hosted O365. It renders in Document mode 10 as default. I can confirm that forcing Edge Document mode from the developer mode does render the iframe correctly. However that is not a solution in my opinion as that still wont work for other IE clients that are not edge. Plus we have to host an alternative aspx file for each url we want to force to EDGE mode. Please try and push this back to the Product Team. 

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with this comment as the majority of ours users are still on IE which renders in the Mode 10 which we cannot ask end users to change!

maccardo

I to am getting the same grayed out behavior. This only started last week.

Using Chrome makes it appears, Using IE and going full screen works. Flipping to dev tools (f12) and ensuring IE11 mode is selected also works. So same symptooms and behaviors as others.

Is there a fix to this?