Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Public embeded url not working in sharepoint anymore

We have been using the publish to web along with the sharepoint page viewer or content editor(iframe). This has been working for over a year. Suddenly the reports no longer render in sharepoint just a grey powerbi iframe is displayed. Clicking the fullscreen option in the power bi banner at the bottom of the iframe opens another window and renders the report. However the report will not render anymore in the webpart itself. I know there is a licensed sharepoint webpart for power bi, but this is a public url accessable to free users and I didnt think it would be impacted by the changes coming in June.  Is anyone aware of an issue or solution. Currently we had to replace the content with images instead. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you

Comments
fitcja
Helper I
We have the same problem!
nwoolen
Frequent Visitor

If you find a solution or workaround please post it here. 

fitcja
Helper I
Right now we're using Chrome as a work around,
fitcja
Helper I
Curious... Do you have powerbi.com listed as one of your trusted sites? If not, does adding it fix the issue?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem here and adding to Trusted sites or Compatibility mode does not help. But works fine in Chrome or Edge!?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just ran developer toolbar as it is related to an issue with the <iframe>, because it works fine in IE in fullscreen mode. And got a load of javascript errors, so hoping it's some internal js file reference that MS changed and can easily change back....

JohnColvin11

@Anonymous

Same issue on my end...reports display as grayed out in IE 11, even after adding trusted sites for powerbi and microsoft...yet reports in full screen mode display fine. Chrome seems to work without issue.

Assuming this sudden glitch is the result of some error related to expiration of the trial version of PowerBI Pro. I've reactived my year-long trial extension (you can get these if you signed up with PBI early enough)...hoping that this will just magically resolve things soon!

nwoolen
Frequent Visitor

I dont think its related to any trial license issue. The account I use to publish to web is a licenced pro account. I think  @Anonymous is close. It does seem like a browser based java script error or something like that. Hopefully MS will notice and fix. 

v-haibl-msft
Employee

Hi All,

I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 38846917
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted