Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Problem with publishing - Error 404 and large file size

Hi all,

First of all, I would like to say that it is a pleasure to be a member of this community.

I have a problem with the publishing of my report. It is based on a single Excel file which is stored locally and it has many backgrounds in HD and several HQ logos, which led to a .pbix file size of cca. 125MB. When I try to publish the file, I get the following message:

123.JPG

I know that several types of errors in the data modelling caused this error message to appear, but well-known solutions did not work for me. Does anybody know any suggestions or ideas what could be wrong?

PS: I can upload .pbix file to the cloud or a file sharing site if you want to take a closer look at the file.

Thank you in advance and kind regards,

Djordje

Comments
DJOXXXA
Helper I

Update:

I tried to upload the pbix file directly to the powerbi site, and I got the following error:

Failed to publish Power BI Desktop file
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity ID7cccabe8-307e-446b-adf1-37b8468fbb27
Request IDe5459a1f-149a-4f78-5065-6ff558b5ab2d
Correlation ID78eed181-0998-013c-384f-ea5b0e8d62db
Status code-1
TimeThu Mar 30 2017 00:50:38 GMT+0200 (Central Europe Standard Time)
Version13.0.1700.1511

Can somebody give me assistance with this issue?

Thanks.

Djordje

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@DJOXXXA

Could you please share your PBIX file to us through online file service like OneDrive?

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

DJOXXXA
Helper I

@v-haibl-msft

Dear Herbert,

Link for download is: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmT1xn63iskhaSrdhEAucjnzd6Y

I am very appreciative for any suggestions or advice.

Thanks in advance!