Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Problem with a data visualization on Bing maps

From this monday I have an issue with all my reports, which are published un Sharepoint, where are used Bing maps. The problem is that data are not visualising. Only I can see is the map without data and error message, that location data are out of range. Data have not to be changed for a long time ago. I tried to refresh data and refresh and reload report, but the problem still not gone. In Desktop version, all data are visible and there are no errors. Also, if I publish report from the Desktop version to the Online version, there are no problems with the visualisation. Only after refreshing the data in Online version there are might to be the same problem too (but not ususally).

Please, help me to solve this problem.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @AndrewL,

According to your description, it seems that you are embedding the report in SharePoint online, right? 

Do you use Embedded in SharePoint online feature to embed this report? I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. In your scenario, after refresh the dataset in Power BI service, can report display fine in Power BI service? 

Does the issue happen to one specific report or all reports? Does your workmates have the same issue as yours? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

AndrewL
Regular Visitor

Hi!

I'm using embended code to publish reports in a SharePoint. I tried to refresh datasets in PowerBI service, but some of reports still has the same problem with map points visualisation. This problem happened with all my reports with maps at the same time. After I republished my reports form Desktop version, some of reports became normal, but some still has the same visualisation problem. error maps.PNGerror maps2.PNGerror maps3.PNG

AndrewL
Regular Visitor

My workmates see the same report as me at the SharePoint. They can only view reports, not modify. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @AndrewL,

From your description, it seems that you use publish to web to get embedded code then embed in SharePoint. And issued report in SharePoint also can't render well in Power BI service, but works in desktop, right?

As issue related to some part of reports, please follow this article to make sure geo-coding is correct: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/power-bi-map-tips-and-tricks

Then republish again after modify the change to see if the issue is mitigated.

Best REgards,
Qiuyun Yu

AndrewL
Regular Visitor

It seems to be that the problem was in table formating. In a strange way latitude and longitude columns type were changed to TEXT format. In Desktop version visualisation still worked, but in Online version there were problems with visualisation. After changing the data format and republishing the reports, problem had gone for all reports.