Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Problem loading SharePoint embedded PowerBI-Reports

We have some PowerBI-Reports embedded in SharePoint für teams. Since monday this week, the reports doesn't load any more.

We get an error message like this

2018-05-31 15_34_31-Clipboard.png

If you use the "embed in SharePoint" link from PowerBI.com, paste the link into browser it just shows the pulsating PowerBi-Logo in the report don't load anyway.

Comments
OneWithQuestion
Post Prodigy

I've had lots of issues with this as well.

Have you republished the report inside an App by chance?  I noticed if you publish a workspace to an app it breaks all the embedd links to SPO.

I have never been able to get an embedd link to load by pasting it directly into the browser however.

Lastly, I have seen odd glitches with SPO itself where the embedd link is working properly for everyone except a few users.

Those users have to sign out of SPO, sign out of PBI, close their browsers, then sign back in again.  Something gets messed up with the auth token being passed.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

From your description, the report embedded in SharePoint page works before but not now, right? Please check if any settings change both on Power BI and SharePoint side currently. 

Does the user with the issue have an explicit access to the O365 group or is it done they a Security Group or User List?

Does this user can open the report on powerbi.com?

Do all users can't view the report embedded in SharePoint online page or the issue happens to specific users? 

I have tested on my side, but not reproduce the issue. If possible, please share detail steps for us to reproduce the issue. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your replies.

It seems Microsoft changed license model once again without any communication für embedded. Now you have to buy tokens or a premium license.

Does anybody heared about PowerBI Premium EM1/2/3? We didn't find a way to activate one of these features. Nor in O365 portal neither in Azure portal.

Is there now only the option to buy an expensive premium license or what is/are the alternative/s?