Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Problem caching permission of shared data source

Hi guys,

I have shared permission to another user to own my data source.

g2.PNG

So he creates report with Direct Query and using my gateway. It's working. After that, I remove his permission, but he still able to use my gateway with out any error. My expectation is

g3.PNG

I think the problem that permission has been cached in browser or his loggin session, so he has to sign out and close his browser, so this new change (removing permission) will be affected. I think it should be affected immediately when removing his permission.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @tringuyenminh92,

Based on my test, remove the permission for the user to use data source created under data gateway, the published report will throw error as no gateway configured after refresh the report page.

In your scenario, please click Refresh button in report page. Also please keep the data gateway to the latest version.

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I'm using Direct Query mode for that report to ensure the error will be displayed, but it did not.

The gateway version is 14.16.6390.2 (i think it's the newest).

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @tringuyenminh92,

I also tested with DirectQuery mode to SQL Server. What if you remove the user, then let the user click Refresh button in report page? Make sure the account to access report is that removed user.

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

He is owner of that report, but his report is using my gateway @v-qiuyu-msft. I will try re-produce your suggestion and let you know soon.