Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Premium App Still Requesting Upgrade to Pro Licence

Hi PBI Community,

We have purchased the lower tier of Premium, and have checked within the admin portal, we havn't exceeded usage.

Our issue is with sharing a Premium enabled App Workspace, with an internal colleague who is on a free licence.

We believe this shouldn't be an issue, as this is what Premium tackles, however when this colleague attempts to access the App, he receives a prompt to upgrade to a Pro Licence, or extend / begin a Pro Trial.

Anybody else had a similar issue, or know if we are missing something fundamental?

Thanks

Darran

Comments
darranm
Advocate II

Strangely, we have found that on occasion, if the user has the app (has clicked get apps), access is forbidden, however if the uset gets the app again, access is granted. This is flaky, as when the page is navigated away from, the user must perform this process again. Could be an underlying service problem rather than Premium..

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@darranm

II cannot repro the same issue on my side, a free user always can access the app which is in the Premium enabled App Workspace. I suggest you to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page).

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Herbert

darranm
Advocate II

@v-haibl-msft

I have made a slight accommodation to the way an app workspace had Premium assigned to it. Rather than toggling the switch within the app workspace, I went through the admin portal, and assigned all workspaces under a user account, to the Premium capacity.

This worked briefly, and the end user could access the app. Moments later, without any change, access appeared to be revoked, again prompting for a Pro licence.

I will look to raise a support ticket shortly, however I feel something fundamental isn't quite right with our setup / the service..