Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBI service - Data model issue

So per the recent awareness update, one of my measure tables did not have a column, and therefore could not update the Data model.

However I tried working around this by updating my PBIX file to ensure there was a column in all tables per the awareness suggestion and re-publish the data model to the PowerBI service.

I get a warning from the desktop client that the the upload was completed, however could not refresh the data model.  When I try to force refresh the data model it still does not work.... 

As my reports are using the PowerBI online service as the datasource, they are all breaking.... I have been able to save a new copy of the updated data model, and can refresh successfully, however I cannot change the data source of all my reports, as the desktop client errors that it cannot access the original datamodel, this error, prevents me from going into the data source connection settings and change it to the new data model file....

Short of going through and recreating new report files, any ideas what I can do? or do I need to wait for the MS update which seems to be always coming "tomorrow" 

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@DamienW

Currently the awareness has gone from the support site. Can you refresh your dataset properly now?

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

DamienW
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I can refresh the data set correctly now.

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered