Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBI Personal Gateway - Sequence contains no elements

Hi, 

I'm still getting an error after installing PowerBI personal Gateway :

"Sequence Contains no elements"

I've seen several topics regarding this problem but still didn't find the solution. 

w System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   w System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   w Microsoft.DataProxy.PowerBIPersonalGatewayConfigurator.NotifyTaskCompletion`1.<WatchTaskAsync>d__0.MoveNext().
GWConfig.exe Error: 0 : Error from PersonalGatewayConfigurator, exception: Microsoft.DataTransfer.PowerBIGatewayAgent.UpdateServiceUserException: Nie można zaktualizować użytkownika usługi systemu Windows ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Sekwencja nie zawiera elementów.
   w System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   w Microsoft.DataTransfer.PowerBIGatewayAgent.ConfiguratorWorkflowSteps.GetServiceStartupType()
   --- Koniec śladu stosu wyjątków wewnętrznych ---
   w Microsoft.DataTransfer.PowerBIGatewayAgent.ConfiguratorWorkflowSteps.GetServiceStartupType()
   w Microsoft.DataTransfer.PowerBIGatewayAgent.ConfiguratorWorkflowSteps.get_ServiceAutoStartEnabled()
   w Microsoft.DataTransfer.PowerBIGatewayAgent.ConfiguratorWorkflowSteps.StartService()
   w Microsoft.DataProxy.PowerBIPersonalGatewayConfigurator.MainViewModel.<GetIsConfiguredAsync>b__7()
   w System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
   w System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- Koniec śladu stosu z poprzedniej lokalizacji, w której wystąpił wyjątek ---
   w System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   w Microsoft.DataProxy.PowerBIPersonalGatewayConfigurator.MainViewModel.<GetIsConfiguredAsync>d__8.MoveNext()
--- Koniec śladu stosu z poprzedniej lokalizacji, w której wystąpił wyjątek ---
   w Microsoft.DataProxy.PowerBIPersonalGatewayConfigurator.NotifyTaskCompletion`1.<WatchTaskAsync>d__0.MoveNext().

Is there any chance to fix it? 

Thanks

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@jajecko

Did you install old version of personal gateway before? Could you please check if 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DataTransfer exists in your computer? If yes, please backup it firstly and try to remove it. And then uninstall/reinstall the latest gateway with admin permission. 

If issue still persists, I think you can try to use on-premises gateway instead.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

jajecko
Helper I

Hi, 

I've removed the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DataTransfer, 

Then I've uninstalled/reinsalled the latest gateway with admin permissions, but unfortunatelly it didn't help. 

still the same problem 

jajecko
Helper I

I've just used on-premises gateway instead of personal gateway and it works without any problem. 
Thanks for your help. 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered