Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBI Embedded Azure Service

Hi,

We are integrating new powerbi embedded azure service in our web application.

The usecase is to embed power bi dashboard/reports and customize them into web application and data source choosen is google analytics. I have created POC of it and able to embed dashboard/reports and its working fine.

The problem that I see is Data refreshment Issue for embedded reports/dashboard in the web application and also there is no Auto refresh configuration option exists, means if some data is updated in my google analytics account, those changes are not refelected in embedded reports and dashboard in web application until I do the data refersh manually(recreate a pbix and re-import it to workspace). Is this Problem solved?

I dont see even Schedule refresh option for newly launched powerbi embedded azure service.

Thanks,

Kiran

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Kiran_Holi,

Based on my research, schedule refresh is not supported in Power BI Embedded but it's planned now. You can vote and comment on this idea: Allow in-place data model refresh in embedded PowerBI.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

Kiran_Holi
Regular Visitor

Thanks.

Data refresh issue is like show stopper and PowerBI team should fix this ASAP, because once you embed reports in to your web app using power BI embedded azure service with google analytics /azure application insights like data sources, users are not able to see updated data.