Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power bi Desktop signs out when saving and locks up when trying to publish

I though this was fixed in the last release and seemed to stopped happening after I downloaded the newest version. Now it is back and is a complete pain to deal with. Please fix this issue. Sign in issue_Ink_LI.jpg

Comments
DaveRuijter
Advocate II

Same thing here and at all my customers I work with.

It's kinda annoying :).

DaveRuijter
Advocate II

I see this issue has been posted before, and there is a fix in the current download of PBI Dekstop!

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Power-BI-Desktop-January-2017-Login-popup-blocked/idc-p/1206...

Anonymous
Not applicable

It has been posted and was a problem with the January desktop release. MS did a hotfix and rereleased desktop a few days later. I have downloaded the newest version and still have the issue. What is different is the sign out seems to occur after a period of time now, not immediately as before. If you change accounts before publishing each time you will prevent it. That sucks as a solution but not as bad as reloading your report.

smithnb
Advocate I

I have this same issue... 

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

Please help check your PBI Desktop version is 2.42.4611.901 64-bit (January 2017). I left the PBI Desktop application idle more than an hour and tried to publish to Service, I cannot repro the issue with several attempts.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

prabhupan
Helper I

Same issue with me too.

sd.png

Jasper
Advocate I

Sometimes it locks up when publishing (when not signed in at the start). I don't have the save & close issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-haibl-msft I checked my version and it was running 2.42.4611.701 64-bit (January 2017) instead of 2.42.4611.901 64-bit (January 2017). Regarding the trigger for the above issue, it was occurring when multiple sessions were open at the same time or when I opened an older report to edit and publish. The screen would indicate I was logged in but upon clicking publish it would trigger the error.

I am downloading and installing the latest version now. I will give an update if this corrects the issue. Interesting I did not get the usual notification that a newer version existed. That has always been my trigger to update.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same issue