Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI repport page exit unexpectedly and doesn't stay

Hi there,

I found a very weird behaviour on Power BI server. When I open one of my reports and switch to one of the tabs, the tab doesn't stay and it automatically switches to another tab or just aborts the whole report and return back to the home page of the workplace. 

I've been searching on the Internet and couldn't find any similar issue other people had. Could someone please help?

Thanks a lot!

MM

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @MyraMa,

1. Does issue happens to all reports on your Power BI service? 

2. Which browser do you use to access the report? How about the result if you use another browsers? 

3. Please contact your workmates to access the same report to see if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

MyraMa
Advocate II

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft Qiuyun,

To your questions:

1. it only happens to one of the reports

2. I found it happens only when we are using IE Browser. We don't have the issue when I told my colleagues to use Chrome. It is quite funny that Power BI works better on Chrome instead of IE...

3. It happens to anybody who uses IE browser.

Even though using Chrome temporarily solves the problem, I would like to know why it happens on IE if possible. I used to notice some other funny things happening while accessing Power BI reports via IE like visuals don't show properly. 

Really appreciate if you know the answer. 

Best regards

Myra