Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI: “Shared with me”

Please can someone enlighten me on “Shared with me” ?

1. Reading blogs, I have read that as well as sharing content the sharer has to specifically allow that content to appear in your “Shared with me” section. I do not think this is true ?

1. It is true is that content shared from outside your domain does not appear in your Power BI app and opens in a separate browser window. It would therefore make sense that it didn’t appear in “Shared with me” within your Power BI app. However, mine did….only for a few minutes and long enough for me to take a screen snip to reassure myself I was not imagining it......because it then disappeared from  “Shared with me” for ever. Is this a bug ?

So, I am looking for a definitive answer to when shared content appears in “Shared with me” and when it does not ?

Is this anything to do with separate domains, tenants or federated domains ?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @PBIC,

Based on my test, when the user with your organization share a dashboard or report with you, the dashboard or report will display in Shared with me tab. 

1. The user share dashboards/reports needs to be inside of your organization. See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-share-dashboards

2. Do you mean the shared content comes from external domain display in Shared with me tab for a while then disappear, right? Which content is shared, dashboards or reports? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu