Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Service says data refresh failed but data actually refreshed

This has happened several times on the same report during this month. Power BI service says scheduled data refresh failed (internal service error) and I get an email about it, but when I go look at the report in the service I can see the data has actually refreshed. The problem goes away after I re-publish the report, but this is still an annoyance as the problem seems to reappear after a week or two. The data sources for this report are OData and some excel files. Other reports in the same app workspace using the same OData source (but different tables in it) don't have this problem. Here's the technical details of the refresh error, copypasted from refresh history:

Piilota
Ajoitettu21.6.2018 klo 3.00.1821.6.2018 klo 3.22.42EpäonnistuiViimeisin päivitysyritys epäonnistu sisäisen palveluvirheen vuoksi.
Klusterin URI:WABI-EUROPE-NORTH-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Toiminnon tunnus:ccecb290-b241-4c80-967b-ca7c2ecf5f15
Pyynnön tunnus:b8ad4c3f-d5f6-4596-94e0-3028193644e9
Aika:2018-06-21 00:22:42Z

Text is in Finnish but what it says in the message field is "Latest refresh attempt failed due to internal service error". Is this a known issue?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Regrading this issue, I would suggest you contact the Microsoft engineer for dedicated support.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered