Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Service Updating App Issue: "Failure to Publish"

This error occurs more often than not when Updating my App from the App workspace. 

App Failure Message.PNG

Very Frustrating. Thanks. 

Comments
simongj
Regular Visitor

I'm getting a similar problem too. Publishing some apps works but an app which was updating happily now won't. I'm getting a similar error.

tomschloss

Ditto - would be great to know if there is a solution. Problem persists even if I unpublish the app - I then can't republish it.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

Hi All,

I just tried several times but could always republish the app. If issue persists, could you please collect fiddler traces when performing the repro steps and provide to me?

fiddler option.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

danielbyerley
Frequent Visitor

Fiddler1.PNG

Please provide feedback on if this is what you were looking for, or if more information is needed. 

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@danielbyerley

We need the saved .saz file but not just the screenshot.

Best Regards,
Herbert

v-haibl-msft
Employee

Hi All,

Please check that when you create a new workspace, do you have any group image defined? If yes, please try to remove it, or try a smaller (<33KB as they mentioned) JPG or PNG. Note, it may take some time to reflect the O365 group image change in Power BI. So ideally change to a different picture with smaller size and you will be able to figure out once the group image update is completed.

The fix will be in production in 1 to 2 weeks and once it is deployed, we can use big group images.

Best Regards,
Herbert

OneWithQuestion
Post Prodigy

Is this fixed yet as I am having the exact same issue....

I could publish this AM and an hour or two later I could not... has been like this all day now 😞

jbjs5820
Helper I

I´m getting the same problem.

What ´s going on with this... i´ve tryed to resise the Image in APP.

Did not work.

I´m having this problem las 10 days.

Ocorreu um problema

ID de atividade53490962-d551-4e46-a4b8-d62475ea41bb
ID do Pedidodc66145a-79d5-105f-f604-22c0dc95ade5
ID de correlação3dbdd430-97cc-ec47-ecf6-adbba18e8ef1
Código de estado400
HoraMon Aug 07 2017 17:10:25 GMT+0100 (Hora de Verão de GMT)
Versão13.0.2025.193
Falha ao publicar Aplicações Organizacionais
Tente novamente mais tarde ou entre em contacto com o suporte. Se contactar o suporte, forneça estes detalhes.