Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Report Server On Premise Page Unresponsive

Hello all, 

After upgraded to power bi report server march version, we constantly received page unresponsive error  whenever we try to export > 6 months data from power bi report server. 

There are no calculated column or measures in our tabular model. 

we have 4 columns of datetime, which required for report building, and other int data type. 

Our CPU and Memory of Chrome peak until 98% for 64 bits system, intel core i5 6200 cpu with 16gb memory 

Anyone have the same error, and how to troubleshoot / avoid this? 

Page Unresponsive.png

Thanks! 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @MingHui_Ming,

1. Do you run the Power BI report server version 15.0.2.402? 

2. Does the report get data from SSAS tabular model in a live connection or import mode? 

3. Have you tried to export data from other report visual? How about the result? 

4. Regarding this report, are you able to export data from the table visual in Power BI desktop optimized for report server? 

5. Please clear browser cache and test again for the same report visual. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

MingHui_Ming
Frequent Visitor

Hi QiuYun, 

1. Yes, we upgraded to this version last april. 

2. The report get data from SSAS Tabular model live connection mode. 

3. Same thing happen when I try to export data from other visuals. However I try to export via Edge, I am able to export with a long wait. 

4. In the same report, filter and visual, the power bi desktop become unresponsive also and the following process peaks. 

ced.PNG

5. Browser been cleared the cache and even restarted the computer. Problem still occur. 

QiuYun, I am curious, when power bi report server loads report, will it also consumed user browser resources?

Thank you so much... 

Frequent Visitor

I am also facing same issue..for August 2018 Power BI Report Server.