Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Refresh failure

I used an excel file thats on my computer to create a report.
I scheduled a refresh at 5 am daily but it keeps sending me Refresh Failure emails. Like: 
The last refresh attempt failed. Your Personal Gateway is offline or could not be reached.
The last refresh attempt failed. Your Personal Gateway is offline or could not be reached. Ensure the Gateway computer is on and you are logged on to it during the scheduled refresh period.

I tried to change the scheduled refresh time so that my computer is logged into when Power BI tries to refresh BUT it wont let me change the refresh settings!
In the setiings it asks me to Edit credentials for the excel dataset BUT when click on "Edit credentials > Sign in" Nothing happenes... the cursor keeps spinning.

What could be the reason for this? How do I solve this issue?

PS. Scheduled refresh was working fine when I was just using Sharepoint online list as my data source. But when I added an excel file from my PC , the refresh stopped working.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @YashnaSaxena,

Which browser did you use to open Power BI service? Can you try other browsers?

As the dataset contains both SharePoint list and local Excel file, you need to configure the dataset use personal gateway, then Edit Credential for those two data sources.

You need to make sure it's able to access local Excel from the machine which have personal gateway installed.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

YashnaSaxena

@v-qiuyu-msft I tried it on both Chrome as well as Internet Explorer. No luck.

And I dont think I had a personal gateway instaloled, So I tried to install it. But this is what happened: 
Capture1.PNG

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @YashnaSaxena,

When did this error throw out? When you installed the personal gateway or sign in it?

Are you Power BI Pro user or free user? From the image, you use a government account, right?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu