Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

masvillatema23
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Publisher Installation Error

Hi,

I have a problem regarding the installation of power bi publisher on my pc, there is alaways an error popping up saying "Microsoft Power BI Publisher for Excel requires Microsoft Excel 2007 and above", But i do have Excel 2007 installed on my pc. Can someone please help me about this issue.

Thanks,

MARK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
masvillatema23
Frequent Visitor

Hi Herbert,

64-bit version of excel was installed on my pc. I just re-installed excel enterprise 2007 and it worked.

Thanks,

MARK

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
gvolst
Frequent Visitor

I'm trying to install the 64 bit version, however I'm getting the message that it requires Microsoft Excel 2007 and above.

I'm using the Office 2016 64 bit version.

Update 2018-01-08: I reinstalled office 2016 64 bit (en-us) and now the installation of Publisher went succesfull.

gvolst
Frequent Visitor

Same here!

I installed the 32 bit version for office 2016 32 bit and that worked fine.

However, I uninstalled both products (publisher and office) and installed the office 2016 64 bit version.

When I'm trying to install the publisher 64 bit version I'm receiving the message that it requires Microsoft Excel 2007 or above.

Could some give me a hint how I'm able to solve this?

I tried restarting my machine and removed the registery key for Power BI Publisher, but without success.

Update 2018-01-08: I reinstalled office 2016 64 bit (en-us) and now the installation of Publisher went succesfull.

masvillatema23
Frequent Visitor

Hi Herbert,

64-bit version of excel was installed on my pc. I just re-installed excel enterprise 2007 and it worked.

Thanks,

MARK

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@masvillatema23

Is the bit version (32 or 64) of your excel 2007 same as the downloaded power bi publisher?

Best Regards,
Herbert

masvillatema23
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I have a problem regarding the installation of power bi publisher on my pc, there is alaways an error popping up saying "Microsoft Power BI Publisher for Excel requires Microsoft Excel 2007 and above", But i do have excel 2007 installed on my pc. Can someone please help me about this issue.

Thanks,

MARK

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.