Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Performance Enhancements

Hello

I have tried integrating the Power BI Embedded using Direct Query. There are few issues I wanted to get clarified regarding the performance.

I am using the Azure SQL Warehouse as the data source having 3 lacks of rows. The visualisations are rendered from the single table. Also, there are few measures added along with a couple of slicers in the report. Whenever a filter is applied from a slicer, it takes MINIMUM 15 seconds to refresh the visualisations. Also since this is a direct query, whenever the data gets refreshed, it takes almost a minute to get the visualisations.

Let me know where I can improve the performance?

Thanks in advance!

Comments
ganeshm
Frequent Visitor

Any update guys? 

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@ganeshm

It seems that you have the similar issue which mentioned in this thread. I've reported it internally (CRI 34123158) to Power BI team to see the possible cause of it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@ganeshm

Could you please provide a fiddler trace to us, it should be helpful to address this problem exactly.
You can start the trace before view and refresh the visualisations, and share the saved .saz file to us through online file service like OneDrive.

Best Regards,
Herbert

ganeshm
Frequent Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

Here is the fiddler session link.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!An8cRAhh6xy_msNGQIlC7ZBVaVidig

ActivityId: 94585f59-390f-424b-8456-d83a50136cba
RequestId: ac028bf0-1e69-4209-ad43-82f0d70263d8

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

ganeshm
Frequent Visitor

Any updates on this? 

@Vicky_Song 

What does the status accepted means?

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@ganeshm

It means that the issue has been reported internally to Power BI Team: CRI 34438858

I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@ganeshm

If the report is rendered in IE, have you checked the performance on Chrome? Do you see the same behaviour?

Best Regards,
Herbert

ganeshm
Frequent Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

I checked in Chrome, Firefox and IE. All producing the same lag in performance.