Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Online Refresh Delay from Azure Analysis Services

I have Power BI Online reporting connected to Azure Analysis services, and there are sporadic times that datasets, reports, and dashboards won't automatically refresh at their expected intervals. In most cases the Power BI online reports and dashboards are 2 hours behind in refreshing.

The datasets are all connected live. I have a screenshot example of 4 datasets where the "Next Refresh" date/time is prior to the current date/time.

Is there anything that can be done to automatically force dataset/report/dashboard refreshes (PowerShell Script, Azure Function, etc...), or are there any dataset settings that need special configuration?

I have also posted this issue on the MSDN forums, and received a response confirming the behavior in the test environment. The URL of the posting is https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/44e770e6-d919-4863-baaa-6ef4b81787bc/analysis-service...

PBI.PNG

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@csvdesk

I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 31948228

I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@csvdesk

Could you please provide dataset name and URL, cluster name?

Best Regards,

Herbert

csvdesk
Regular Visitor

Below is the dataset name and URL. Not sure how to determine the "cluster name", so please provide more details if it is still needed. Thanks

Dataset name = Executive Sales

URL = https://app.powerbi.com/groups/00e0aa87-b293-4393-96a9-e362add2fd56/contentlist/datasets?onlySharedW...

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@csvdesk

You can get the information via going to Power BI Service, please go to the Question Mark -> About Power BI -> post here the info “Your data is stored in xxxx”.

Best Regards,

Herbert

csvdesk
Regular Visitor

Thank you. My data is stored inNorth Central US (Illinois)

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@csvdesk

The product team study the last 10 days of refresh and found the problem happen until Feb 25th.

Since Feb 28th, the average time to refresh is about 30min and the Dev team is working to improve this number in the future.

So for now the problem is gone and there is no more 1h delay.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

csvdesk
Regular Visitor

Thank you for the help and prompt response.