Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Gateway - Personal error - GWConf has stopped working

This morning, when I started Power BI Gateway - Personal, it failed with the error, "GWConf has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."  I uninstalled and re-installed the application but am still getting the same error.  The Personal gateway as worked flawlessly for weeks prior to today.  I'm not aware of any changes being made to my PC but I'm using a company computer and sometimes our IT department pushes out updates without prior notification.  Where do I begin looking for the cause of the failure? (I'm just a Power BI user, not a developer.)

Comments
CarlosOrtiz
Regular Visitor

I have same problem!!

reinholz
Frequent Visitor

Same here.

lukedoolittle
Regular Visitor

I am also seeing this problem. If I look into the logs I see the following:

GWConfig.exe Error: 0 : Login to PowerBI failed. Couldn't reach https://app.powerbi.com

I see the same problem with both a fresh and current installation, on multiple computers on multiple networks.

jbjs5820
Helper I

Same Here!!!!

Huge BUG????

stayup_artist
Frequent Visitor

having same issue.  this just started this morning.  Please find out and let us know the issue.

marcush
Frequent Visitor

I have the exact same problem. Looking for a solution.

kcantor
Community Champion

This is on the support page:

Users may not be able to sign in with their account into their Personal Gateway. Users who are already signed in are not currently impacted. Next update @03/10/2017 13:00 PST.

Should be updated soon. Here is the link.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

@johnahrens19

Rbellatin

I have the same proble

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the exact same problem. Please fix it soon.

I am refreshing the data and publishing each one of the report out to web.

jb123
Frequent Visitor

Exact same problem for me too.