Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Embedded Example "This content is not available"

Hello,

I'm new to a lot of things Azure and Power BI and I was wondering if I could get some help. I worked my way through the "Get Started Example" located here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/power-bi-embedded/power-bi-embedded-get-started-sample

Like in the instructions, I did step 5 and step 6 through the console app. Everything looked good but when I configured the Web.config file <appSettings> using my power Bi access key, Workspace collection and Workspace ID and run the code, I get "This content is not available". 

I can see that my workspace has been deployed in azure and I checked the import status after I completed the provisioning (option 0 in the console app example). I can also call the string functions in the Report.cshtml

• @Model.Report.Name
  • @Model.Report.EmbedUrl
  • @Model.Report.Id
  • @Model.Report.WebUrl

Has anyone else experienced this?? I feel like I'm missing something obvious here. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@d0n0hue

Have you import a PBIX file into your workspace? Could you please give a screenshot of “This content is not abailable”?

Best Regards,

Herbert

d0n0hue
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

Hello Herbert,

This is the message I get when I run the app:

conent unavailable.png

I tested a few different power BI files and different workspace provisions, but no success. 

d0n0hue
Regular Visitor

Here's what my azure power bi embedded workspaces look like in my workspace collection and an import status check using option "0" in the power-bi-embedded-integrate-report-into-web-app-master. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

workspace collection summary.pngimport status -pbi community.png

cheers,

-Joseph

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@d0n0hue

Have you tried the Retail Analysis Sample PBIX? I’ve tried locally but cannot repro the same issue as you.

You can try to clear the browser cache or change to another browser. If you have another development machine, you can also have a try on it to see if it is machine specific.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

d0n0hue
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

Thank you for the suggestions.

I've tried the sample file provided for the example with no success. I've also tried using Chrome and IE to run the application, but that didn't work either. I also did as you suggested to clear my browser cache in both IE and chrome, but unfortunately for me - nothing seems to work.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@d0n0hue

I still cannot repro the same issue as you. I suggest you to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page) since this issue may be account/machine specific.

Power BI Embedded Example This content is not available_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

d0n0hue
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft 

Thanks Herbert. I contacted the support help as your suggested and currently working with them to resolve the issue. I will update this thread if there's any new information.

Cheers,

-Joseph

d0n0hue
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft @Vicky_Song

Hey Herbert,

I contacted the support as you mentioned and I repeated the process as I had done originally. They were confused as to what was happening as well. However, I was waiting for tech support to get back in touch with me I had left the program running. It seems that with sufficient time, the program can load. 

I've run some other tests to see how long exactly this process takes and it seems to require 130+ mins. While this is good to know that things are working, I don't particularily like how long it takes.

My computer shouldn't be a limiting factor, but here are the specs:

• Windows 7 Professional (64 - bit)
  • i5-5300 CPU @ 2.30 GHz 2.30 GHz
  • 8.00 GB DDR3 RAM
  • 500 GB SATA Hard-drive
  • Visual Studios 2015 - Community Edition

Any thoughts as to how to make this load faster?

PBI troubleshoot - community.png