Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Desktop formula bar selection highlighting breaking

Expected Behavior:

1. Selecting any portion of a measure formula in Power BI should highlight the selected text in blue 

Actual Behavior:

1. Since the March, 2018 release of Power BI desktop, selecting text in the formula bar doesn't work as expected. At seemingly random intervals, the blue selection highlighting disappears giving the user no indication that text is actually selected even if it is.

How to Reproduce:

1. I reproduced this in the March and April 2018 versions of PBI Desktop
  2. Create a new measure and enter a formula on one line. For example: Sales Measure = CALCULATE(MAX(Facts[Sales]), Facts[Sales] > 1000)
  3. Click and drag the cursor from the very end of the formula to the left of the formula. Note how the selection highlight doesn't persist, and turns on and off as you drag to the left.
  4. You can also reproduce this with multi-line measures.

Comments
Reid_Havens
MVP

Having the same issues!

Mike_Carlo
MVP

I am having the same issue

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I'm not able to reproduce the issue, see:

Would you please update the Power BI desktop to the latest version 2.57.5068.721 then test again? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun,

Thanks for testing this. I did update to the latest version and am still seeing the same behavior as before.

Please see this video which I've uploaded to Screencast.com (you'll have to enable Flash for it to play).

https://www.screencast.com/t/RjpUjvXfok8

Best,

Narayana

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Unfortunately, I still can't reproduce the issue on my side. I have sent a email to consult this issue internally, will let you know once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

PG team already created a bug to track this issue. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

mailfalanyok
Frequent Visitor

Having same issue.

I can highlight until last character than blue hightline is gone but it is selected invisible, means even thou it does not look like higglighted but when u delete, it deletes all text in formula bar.