Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Desktop (January 2017) Login popup blocked

Power BI Desktop Version: 2.42.4611.701 64-bit (January 2017) Installed today.

Login window blocked by "Working on it" spinner popup after Power BI Desktop idle in background for a bit. I didn't nail down the time but both times it was over 20 minutes. The login expires after an indeterminate amount of time of inactivity, over 20 minutes at least. Clicking publish brings up the login window but is behind the "Working on it..." popup.

I have to end the task, open Power BI, click login up in the top right corner, then I can publish.

screen shot of issue

Comments
KarlinOz
Advocate III

Exactly the same symptoms here with our installation Version: 2.42.4611.701 32-bit (January 2017).

neydog

Same with me.

Plus, PBI web won't let me publish and issue.

Keeps prompting for my credentials, although logged into this forum, and tells me I don't exist while telling me I'm logged in.

I think the authentication services are having general issues.

KarlinOz
Advocate III

Frustrating Time wasting and Costing $$$!

2017-01-17 11_37_08-bpeserver ( 10.1.1.10 ) - service mode --- UltraVNC Viewer + SecureVNCPlugin-v2..png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly the same issue here since upgrading to the january 2017 release

gooranga1
Power Participant

Same here. Have to logout and login everytime I log into a pbix file before publishing.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

I can repro the same issue. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 29789766

I’ll post here once there is any update about it.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same issue yesterday after updating Power BI Desktop and today I can't  even republish, it gets stuck on "Publishing to Power BI"

olivia_lu

Having same issue today

nmccorry
Frequent Visitor
I am having the same issue since the Power Bi desktop update - very frustrating when you don't notice that you are logged out until after the pop ups appear.