Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Pinned Live-Report Tile Not Interacting Properly - Focus Mode

This may be more of a Dynamics issue, but I'm having a problem with pinned live-reports in Dynamics dashboards.

These Power BI reports should be interactive from the Dynamics dashboard. However, if a user attempts to interact with them, the tile opens in focus mode. This only happens when the dashboard is being viewed, not edited, and occurs in IE, Edge, and Chrome.

I don't want the tiles to go into focus mode unless the user clicks the pertinent button in the corner of the tile.

Additionally, I noticed that Power BI bookmarks don't seem to function when a report is pinned as a live tile unless it is opened in focus mode. Is there a fix for that?

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @jengwt,

1. Is the Dynamics here MS Dynamics 365?

2. Where did this issue happen? In the Power BI or in the Dynamics?

3. The Dashboard can't be edited like it in the Report. 

4. About the last paragraph, the bookmark only works in the reports. 

Best Regards,

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

jengwt
Helper V

@v-jiascu-msft

1. Is the Dynamics here MS Dynamics 365?

Yes. As opposed to, where, locally?

2. Where did this issue happen? In the Power BI or in the Dynamics?

In the Dynamics dashboard that had PBI tiles pinned from a PBI dashboard which had live tiles pinned from PBI reports.

3. The Dashboard can't be edited like it in the Report.

We're not trying to edit the report, all we did was resize the Dynamics dashboard tiles so that the reports fit better. I was also trying to see if there is some dashboard setting that controls the Focus Mode functionality of pinned PBI tiles.

4. About the last paragraph, the bookmark only works in the reports.

The bookmarks work in Focus Mode. And I don't mean a hyperlink to a report, I mean a bookmark in the report itself that, for instance, switches slicer modes. A button.

jengwt
Helper V

Microsoft now recognizes this as a bug and are pursuing a bug fix.