Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Performance issues when I use table container in a report deployed to Power BI server

I struggle with performance when I use table container in my Power BI report there my source is SSAS (tabular or multi) same problem with both, and deploy it to Power BI Server. When I switch to another container, the performance is good. Only when I use Table container. I have good performance in Power BI desktop. The performance problem came when I go to Power BI portal an open a Report. The report will running and running when I open it. When I change from table to a graph container its work fine. Even when I use Multi-row card It’s work fine.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Gaupe

Do you mean that if you create Table visual in the canvas of PBI Desktop, the loading performance will be only good PBI Desktop, but will keep loading when in PBI Service?

But if you change the table visual to some other charts (e.g. column/pie chart), the loading performance will be good both in PBI Desktop and Service?

Do you drag the same fields into Table or other charts? Could you please provide sceenshots for the table visual in PBI Desktop and Service?

Please also help collect the fiddler traces when repro this issue. (Please make sure there is only one browser page/tab is opened during tracing)

Then share the .saz file to me through online file service like OneDrive.

Fiddler.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Gaupe
Frequent Visitor

Do you mean that if you create Table visual in the canvas of PBI Desktop, the loading performance will be only good PBI Desktop, but will keep loading when in PBI Service?

Answ: Yes

But if you change the table visual to some other charts (e.g. column/pie chart), the loading performance will be good both in PBI Desktop and Service?

Do you drag the same fields into Table or other charts? Could you please provide sceenshots for the table visual in PBI Desktop and Service?

This exsamle load only a calender table. This visual show cont of day pr quarter. Smal amout records. One graf and one table. Work fine in Desktop

This picture show from Report server. We can see the chart but not the table.

Testrapport2_InPowerBIServer.png

The same report in Power BI desktop. Measures Antall dager = Count of days

Testrapport2_InPowerBIDesktop.png

Fiddler logg https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlQkBkflQUW3go4_Pv8POIgxWLn0GA

DavidCph
Regular Visitor

Update:

Solved: Clearing browser cache on client machine did the trick.

----

I have the same issue. Matrix and table works fine in Power BI Desktop (October 2017). When deployed to Power BI Report (Version 1.1.6514.9163 (October 2017)) the visual loads forever.

I have reproduced this on both at workbook with direct query to a multidimensional SSAS cube and a PBI file with imported data.

Best regards,

David