Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

POWER BI Audit Logs -Not Captured

WE have Power BI audit logs turned on, yet we observed audit logs are not captured for few days (24th Nov - 2nd Dec) , this happened a few times earlier too . 

As the audit logs are not captured for few days , is there any way to get those uncaptured logs ?

Why was this happening , What could be the possible reason , How can we stop this from happening again 

I do see others also facing the same issue .Below is URL for the same . 

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/powerbi-audit-logs/m-p/96932#M16407

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@krishnateja

Was the audit logs setting off during that time period? I noticed the MOD mentioned that something caused the setting to reset.

Are the audit logs can be captured now?

Best Regards,

Herbert

krishnateja
Frequent Visitor

@v-haibl-msft we observed this issue again, logs are not captured between 14th dec and 17th dec

we would like to know what is causing this issue again and again

1. is it because of installing the latest Power BI Updates
2.What can we do to prevent it from happening again?
3.Should we check for audit logs enabling option after every update? Can we automate it?
4.How could we ensure that logs are getting captured ? should we manually go and check in regular intervals? why don't Microsoft send out communication when there is an issue in capturing the logs so that people will aware of what's happening?

Thanks,
Krishna

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@krishnateja

I notice that there is already an issue reported internally and the team have already started the investigation: CRI 28260945

I’ll keep an eye on it and post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,

Herbert

fetiyek
Employee

Hi all,

The auditing issue is fixed. Note that this issue was different than the  first one. It is just unfortunate that they happened close to eachother. We are working on putting gates to catch these issues before they happen.

Thanks,

Fetiye

krishnateja
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the efforts, Could you please let us know what caused this issue  , Just eager to know 🙂

Happy New Year 🙂 Looking for more POWER BI Updates

tsf
Helper I
Helper I

Hi, my company is having this issue now. Happened first time about 2 weeks ago (early Feb 2017) and now again yesterday. The Audit logs for yesterday are not available. Can the team please look at this issue?