Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PBI Desktop - Filter values disappearing from the list after loading more data

Hi,

I'm working on some SAP data and I noticed strange thing about filters.

1st screen shows what I see when I first display available values, please not that we do see here "9660 (Multipurpose materials FG)" which is correct because you can also see it on the list behind (yes, I refreshed that list).

pbi_issue_1.png

Then I pressed "Load more" to see all values and suddenly '9660 (Multipurpose materials FG)" disappeared but they are still visible in the background on the list (all sources refreshed).

pbi_issue_2.png

When I set filter to display only "9660..." - it worked correctly.

pbi_issue_3.png

Any idea why this could happen ?

Regards,

Darek

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@dariuszszyc

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 36812776
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@dariuszszyc

Could you please enable product tracing on the diagnostics tab of the options dialog and to capture a trace while clicking "Load more"? Then upload the trace logs to online file service like OneDrive and share to me.

Best Regards,
Herbert

dariuszszyc
Frequent Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

should I enable tracing and log everything from the moment I open the file or should I enable tracing right before clicking "Load more" ?

Regards,

Darek

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@dariuszszyc

You can enable tracing right before clicking "Load more".

Best Regards,
Herbert

dariuszszyc
Frequent Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

I can't access OneDrive from my work, so I've uploaded it to my hosting:

Traces.zip

Hopefully I did everything right.

I enabled tracing, then I opened filter, pressed Load Data and closed filter (without any filtering), then I turned Tracing off and uploaded results.

Regards,

Darek

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@dariuszszyc

Unfortunately, the traces don't contain any calls to SAP. Could you please collect traces again. This time,

1) Click "Refresh" in the query editor before trying to expand the list items.

2) When done, exit and restart Power BI Desktop before getting the traces so we know they have been flushed to disk.

Best Regards,
Herbert

dariuszszyc
Frequent Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

I'm so sorry, it seems I wasn't specific enough.

I am working on data downloaded from SAP but they were downloaded first and for PowerBI they are just Excel files as input.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@dariuszszyc

Could you please try to get data from SAP HANA directly with the built-in connector to see if you can repro the same issue? If yes, could you please collect the fiddler traces as I mentioned above?

Best Regards,
Herbert

dariuszszyc
Frequent Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

Unfortunately I have no such access to use it.

Excel files as input are only allowed to me.

Regards,

Darek