Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Oracle DB Error: ORA-01555, ORA-22924

Hello!  I have connected PowerBI to an Oracle database and pulled data multiple times via Import.  When I go into 'Edit Queries,' I can see 100k+ ros of data however a worksheet is not created because I keep getting error codes: (ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback semgnent number with name""too small ORA-22924: snapshot too old."  I have increased Data Cache Management.  Please advise as to how I can complete the download properly so that i can start generating visualizations.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Amatin,

I would suggest you go to Oracle client, run the same query to see how long the results returned. 

Also the issue could be related to the automatic undo retention on Oracle side. For more information, please go through this blog: http://www.dba-oracle.com/t_ora_01555_snapshot_old.htm

Please try to run the latest Power BI desktop version as possible. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Amatin

Thank you for your response.  Would you mind providing details as to how i can increase the undo retention?  Is this possible to do so in BI?