Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Online refresh causes the loss of data in some report visuals

Hello,

I'm having issues with Power BI Online; I'm publishing a report from Power BI Desktop. everything works fine until I refresh the dataset online, then many visuals lose their data and only show the title either in the dashboard or on the report level.

this issue occurs when I manually or schedule refresh online.

Is there any solution for my Issue?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @ChristinaGh12,

1. Which data source did this report get data from?
2. Did this issue occurs frequently or not? How about refresh the report or dashboard page?
3. Can you try to open report or dashboard use another browser, eg: Edge, Chrome, Firefox?
4. Refresh the report in desktop then republish to service, if data back?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

ChristinaGh12
Regular Visitor

@v-qiuyu-msft Thanks for responding.

1- I got the data from SharePoint online.
2- I have 2 reports with many visuals, just one of the column charts has form type on the axis, and a calculated column(average of the sum).
3-I tried opening it on another browser it didn't solve the problem.

4- I am refreshing on power bi desktop, and then publishing it once, but I need to refresh it online on a daily basis since I'm also accessing it on my phone.

NOTE that when I publish it the first time, the data is there, but when I refresh it online manually or by schedule, it disappears, leaving behind the axis lines with no data.

DiscoDresse

I am having the exact same issue. Any news on the matter?

1. I collect my data from a SharePoint list to Power BI Desktop
  2. I publish to Power BI "My Workspace" and all the data is there.
  3. After I refresh, the values in my charts disappear.
guibenassi
Advocate II

@ChristinaGh12 I used to have the same problem, in my case when refresh online the data don´t show in the report because there is a change in day/month, the service change day to month and month to day.

I have some date columns that I change the format from text to date type in the report, the solution goes by changing the type of the columm from text to date type in the power query editor.

I hope could help you.