Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Online powerbi does not import uppercase CSV extensions??

Hi,

When I use the online verison of Power BI it does not import a "CSV" file with an uppercase extension. It only imports the file when I rename the extension of the file toh a lower case "csv" extension??

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @nihutchings,

Based on my test, .CSV file are able to be imported to Power BI service. Please download this sample .csv file and rename extension to uppercase .CSV, then get data from this file in Power BI service to see if the same issue occurs.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

nihutchings

Thank you for checking it out.

I renamed your file for an upper case CSV and copied it to my O365 Sharepoint folder. When I connect to the uppercase file I get the error below. [Please see screenshots.]

You should be able to replicate the error on your O365 SP.

Screenshot #1: Connecting to data to your upper case CSV file loaded on O365 SP.

connect_SP_power_bi.png

Screenshot #2: Error trying to get data from your CSV file

powerbi_error.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @nihutchings,

I can reproduce the issue follow your description. And already reported this issue internally: CRI 38027759. Will update to you once get feedback.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @nihutchings,

Please check below information from PG:

The logic for uploading files from OneDrive (+for business) is case sensitive.  The workaround is to upload a (supported) file with a lowercase extension (csv, pbix, xlsx, xlsm). I'll file a bug to track the fix. Commit date 6/23 Prod, 6/16 MSIT

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu